Utah Energy Workforce Scholarship Program
The Governor’s Office of Energy Development is proud to partner with Chevron to advance Utah’s energy workforce by providing scholarships to high school seniors who intend to pursue a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) related course of study at a public or private institution of high learning in Utah.
- Five $4,000 scholarships for students attending a Utah college or university
- Five scholarships for up to $2,000 for students attending a Utah technical college
Submit Your Application Today!
- Make a five minute film on energy
- Write an essay about your STEM goals
- Submit your application via email to:
Energy Program Specialist
Governor’s Office of Energy Development
Deadline: April 1, 2018
Watch this brief Video Production Guide to learn more about the Scholarship criteria, as well as a few tips and tricks to make your film stand above the rest.
- Scholarship Rules and Criteria
OFFICIAL DEADLINE: MARCH 1, 2018
Students must submit a 5-minute documentary film, an essay, their contact information, and a parent or guardian contact information. Applications shall be submitted through the Utah Energy & Minerals Education website at utahenergyed.org/scholarships by March 1, 2018.
Scholarship Rules and Criteria
- Beginner's Guide to Filmmaking
Whether you are an aspiring filmmaker or starting from scratch, the Beginner’s Guide to Documentary Filmmaking will provide you with the necessary tools to successfully craft a five minute documentary film.
The guide offers instruction across the pre-production, production and post-production filming process, as well as details on how to upload and submit your film.